Thursday, 11 March 2010

Editing Session Two

During a single lesson today, the group imported last nights filming onto the computer.
We decided to shorten the montage shots to the appropriate lengths, deleting the unwanted shots. We could not put them into correct shot order yet as we have not yet finished recording the montage. I was really pleased with the outcome of the varied shots so far. We decided to use the sound of the typewriter during black screens.

Lewis had decided to book out a camera and shoot the canal location shots, no.s 14, 15, 16 and 17. We imported these to the computer and watched them, everyone was very pleased with these shots as they were what the group as a whole wanted. We played around with shots and created cuts mid shot to give the movement a CCTV camera effect, like a delay. This didnt take long and the group were pleased with the outcome. We removed all sound from these shots, apart from the splash shot at the end.

When we put all of these shots in the correct order (obviously some shots are still missing however) we decided the beginning few shots lacked continuity to the dark montage shots as we had filmed in daylight rather than the evening. We contemplated refilming these shots, but due to deadlines we experimented with an evening effect on the mac. We were actually pleasantly surprised with this effect and it does look realistic, so we decided to keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment